Call for Workshops – Deadline February 28th, 2018
We invite participants of the 6th eCAADe Regional International Symposium to propose workshops on their current research. The workshops will be held on May 24th at the Department of Architecture, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Workshops offer the possibilities to give participants a hands-on experience and, for the workshop leader, to have an intense discussion with a small group of people on their research topic. Therefore, we are particularly encouraging workshop proposals that take full advantage of our laboratories for digital fabrication (3D printers, laser cutter, robotic arm, etc.) and are beyond pure software tutorials. At best, the workshops shall generate outcomes, which will be displayed as posters and discussed on the presentation of workshop results session during the Symposium on May 25th.
The proposals shall include the following information and be submitted as PDF:
An introduction about the workshop topic. Not only the topic should be described but also what people should expect to do and learn. This will be used on the webpage to promote the workshop (maximum of 500 Words).
- Workshop presenter
A short academic CV to describe the background of the workshop presenters
- Number of participants
- Previous knowledge of the participants (e.g. participants should be familiar with special software, programming skills, concepts…)
- Required Infrastructure of the participants (e.g. Laptop, Software...)
- Required Infrastructure of the organizers (e.g. projector, special requirements of the room...)
- Detailed timetable (one or two day workshops are possible)
- Envisioned Outcome
A short description of how a possible outcome of the workshop could look like. The posters for the workshop poster session shall be A1 and will be printed in house.
Important Dates for Workshops
- Deadline for Workshop proposals: February 28th, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: March 7th, 2018
For any further inquiries concerning the workshops and for submitting a workshop proposal (PDF) please send email to Symposium Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org